Become a Spaceteams crew member
It’s already in our name: working in teams is the foundation of our company. As our new crew member, you will join us in creating purposeful and impactful software for our clients who want to succeed in the digital world. You will also have the opportunity to learn and grow with an experienced team and as an individual in an inclusive and inspiring work environment.
The role of an Agile Team & Product Coach at Spaceteams is a leadership role. Together with the engineering team lead you will ensure that your team is successful.
We define team success as reaching the milestones of the project in time, an evolving team performance and a professional work environment. Our coaches job is to find out what kind of support their team needs and they decide on the necessary steps to ensure that the team achieves the set goals.
Depending on the timeline and status of the project the tasks of our coaches change. Here are some examples what kind of actions you as a team coach might take:
- You will set up a process that fits the project requirements. You will help team members to take on responsibility and insist on respecting agreed rules.
- You will ensure that your team evolves continuously so the team members have the necessary skills to tackle the challenges of the project. Therefore you will help team members to set up their development plan.
- You will ensure that conflicts in the team are actively resolved.
- You will work on the design of the product. You understand the technical requirements and support the product owner in creating roadmaps, user stories, testing the product etc.
- You will measure the project progress and communicate it to management and clients.
- You will moderate discussions so that they are conducted and concluded in a goal-oriented manner.
- You will transfer knowledge and best practices from the project to the company and vice versa.
For us, the role as a team coach is not a “nice-to-have” or a feel-good factor in our teams. We understand the role as a leadership position and therefore have corresponding expectations of this position.
- have at least 1-2 years of experience in agile coaching or as a product owner
- know how to build trustful relationships with your colleagues
- are confident about addressing conflicts directly
- have experience with agile methods and enjoy shapingthe processes and culture of your team
- are reliable, structured and have organizational skills.
- are eager to learn and share your knowledge with us
- are motivated to work with a software development team to build a product
- have an EU work permit
As your role includes talking to our clients, good writing and communication skills in German are required.
Develop yourself, experiment, learn: it’s Spacetime!
Lifelong learning is crucial to us. Therefore we coach our employees to take part in our advanced training concept called “Spacetime”. Spacetime allows you to use up to 20% of the weekly working hours to grow your technical, but also non-technical skills.
Experimenting with new methodologies, contributing to open source projects, improving your presentation skills, or learning about leadership – we are open to your ideas and will guide you in your personal development.
Currently, we are in full remote mode due to the pandemic. We plan to move into an office in Hamburg when it is safe again, so that everyone benefits from the mix of experienced developers and ambitious newcomers in our teams.
If you have further questions about the job, contact us at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Spaceteams is a Hamburg-based engineering company founded by software developers and led by software developers. We’re a small but growing team who builds impactful, thoughtful and customized software for companies who want to succeed in the digital world. Our clients are looking for digital solutions and our highly-skilled and experienced team is dedicated to creating them.
With state-of-the-art technology, decades worth of software development experience and unique collective values, our crew is not only highly-qualified but trustworthy and supportive. We believe that work should be a place for employees to learn and grow. Together, we work on developing both professional and personal skills so that each teammate can also grow as an individual.
Cultivating a positive and inclusive working environment where all colleagues feel safe, supported and inspired is a top priority. We bring passion to every project we take on, we welcome challenges and we are committed to building software that is purposeful and practical.
Want to learn more about us, work with us or meet the team? Reach out at any time. We’re here to listen, learn and build a better way of working — for both our clients and our colleagues.